NoteWorthy: Soap box moment...

I know people are encouraged by quick social media quotes but as I've gotten older trials have been more complicated. More friends divorce, die, lose family members. Systemic oppression around the world, racism, division among people, and social classes, depression, suicide, addiction.

I used to wander aimlessly looking for existential solutions for my inner pains. An array of distractions made me a type of floating raft in the ocean of life. Tossed by every wind and wave. But God.........

The next season was embracing my faith and most of my faith journey was a speed boat. Gathering, doing, serving, racing, learning, and sharing, but I found that's the quickest way to run outta gas.

There's just not always an answer to life's woes in a nice neat Facebook quote. It doesn't make you less spiritual it just makes you real.

I'm learning now to be a sailboat. The work goes into putting up the sail and learning how to steer as the waves of life start rocking.

I can't control the waves of life. But it doesn't mean I just carelessly float and let them carry me wherever. I get to choose to lean in or out of any situation. I can't motorboat thru my pains either. There's not always a quick solution, quote or sermon to get me thru the ugliness of life. I’ve learned that life is a process and we all are in some part of the process each day; whether it’s at the beginning, the middle, or the end which is the coming out!

But I can cast my sail up and trust God as my navigator. He is my personal GPS.Unlike Siri, if He tell me to take an illegal u-turn it will be to take me out of harms way and not lead me into it. I can trust that He's ultimately in control of the wind and waves and that if I continue adjusting my rudder and sail, eventually I'll make it to my destiny.

The storms WILL come, the waves will toss and turn but keep holding on. Learn how to sail, and trust the Divine navigator...it may be a long journey but don’t be dismayed because God is with you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NoteWorthy: The Essence of a Woman!

NoteWorthy:Dance in the Rain!

“Who do YOU say I am?”